Overview of Chapter Questions. There are 8 chapters in your leadership text. There are eight chapter questions assignments (this is one of them), which correspond to each of the chapters. You will complete one set of chapter questions after reading each chapter and then upload each set to Blackboard before the cutoff date and time specified in the syllabus.
My expectations are a minimum of 5-pages (single-spaced, 12 point font) for each set of chapter questions. Your chapter questions are listed below.
- To receive credit, this assignment is to be done as an individual assignment (without collaboration with others).
- Note cutoff dates and times. No late submittals accepted.
- Use spelling, grammar check, and page numbers.
- Chapter Questions Assignments are open book, open note.
- Chapter Questions become a very good study guide for your chapter exams, mid-term, and the final.
- Uploaded copy only. Please submit this assignment to Blackboard. Do not combine multiple submittals (single submittal only).
- Please leave the questions visible (do not delete them before beginning your answer).
Here are your questions. Begin your answer immediately after each question (please maintain correct question numbering). Following along in the text as you complete your answers is the most productive way to benefit from this assignment. You may lift text directly from the text for this assignment (do not worry about citing the source).
- What is the stated purpose of this chapter?
- What is the text definition of management?
- Characteristically, there typically exist three categories of management levels. Identify the three levels of management:
- What is the difference between the words, management and manager?
- What is the difference between the words, leadership and leader?
- Will an effective leader use both management and leadership techniques?
- Will a manager use both management and leadership techniques?
- While management and leadership do differ significantly in their foci, they are nevertheless interdependent. Some describe leadership as being ____________ (what?).
- Because someone is a leader, does that mean he or she is also an effective manager?
- Because someone is a manager, does that mean he or she is also an effective leader?
- List and briefly discuss 10 of the 15 leadership and management foci from the text.
- Effective leaders use the tools of management for __________ (what purpose?).
- Corporate office manager titles would characteristically move in ascending order from manager to ________ (list the 4 titles identified in the text in ascending order).
- Briefly discuss the role of line managers.
- Briefly discuss the role of functional managers.
- Briefly discuss the role of staff managers.
- Briefly discuss the role of general manager.
- How does the text explain the occurrence of a problem?
- What is problem solving?
- What is the relationship of decision-making to problem solving?
- Briefly list and discuss the 3 decision-making environments.
- What is the difference between programmed and non-programmed decision-making?
- What is the difference between intuitive decision-making and rational decision-making and how does the heuristic approach relate to both?
- Identify and briefly discuss the 3 types of rational decision-making.
- List and briefly discuss 3 benefits of group decision-making.
- List and briefly discuss 3 drawbacks of group decision-making.
- List and briefly discuss 5 decision-making models.
- Read through and briefly summarize the term, nested environment. Use the Long Beach Hilton example if that helps you.
- Summarize R.B. Duncan’s work from the 1960s regarding complex environments.
- How does an organization influence its environment?
- Identify and briefly discuss 3 techniques used for forecasting future environments.
- List and briefly discuss 4 formal planning advantages.
- List and briefly discuss 3 formal planning disadvantages.
- List and briefly discuss the 3 classic array echelons of various plans.
- Summarize and briefly explain the similarities and differences between objectives and goals.
- What 7 factors should be considered in decisions regarding structure? (Identify and briefly explain).
- Briefly explain differences between vertical and horizontal division of labor.
- Briefly explain differences among these terms: Power, authority, responsibility, and accountability and how they work together.
- Briefly explain differences between centralization and decentralization.
- When considering designing organizational structure, identify and briefly explain elemental principles of structure essential for managers to consider.
- Assume that you are GM and are opening a new resort. Identify and briefly explain the 6 building blocks available in managing structure.
- Identify and briefly explain 5 forms of departmental structures.
- Briefly explain the 4 bullets describing the general nature of control.
- Briefly list and discuss 2 methods for control of people.
- Briefly list and discuss 8 methods for control of an organization.
- Explain the term, quantitative operations controls.
- Tip: Read about the bakery and its blueberry muffins issue and its CQI program example in its entirety before attempting to answer the remaining 5 questions. Referring to the bakery muffin CQI example, what is the overall aim of the CQI exercise?
- Referring to the bakery muffin CQI example, identify the elements representing the science of leadership.
- Referring to the bakery muffin CQI example, identify the elements representing the art of leadership.
- Referring to the bakery muffin CQI example, why is monthly feedback preferable to quarterly feedback?
- Referring to the bakery muffin CQI example, what is the fundamental lesson learned about continuous improvement?
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post what are the answers 6 appeared first on Custom Nursing Help.